It’s been a few years since the K-beauty craze swept across the world and took the top shelves of department stores and beauty retailers. Essences, ampoules, sheet masks, and tone-up creams have become a mainstay for many in their daily skincare routine. The ultimate goal – a fascination and dream of having skin that is clear, radiant, dewy, almost transparent.
Achieving this highly coveted skin requires commitment and effort and is my no means easy. Once achieved, consistency is key in maintaining the enviable complexion and visage. There is no single trick that would work for everyone; however, most beauty experts agree that the first step is to improve texture by regular exfoliation and keeping the skin hydrated.
Our beauty aesthetician believes that “Hydration is at the heart of the Glass Skin philosophy” and adds that “light textured hydrating products with hyaluronic acid and brightening ingredients that can be layered would work best for the Singapore (tropical) climate”. This comes as no surprise, since most would have noticed that our skin is plumper and more radiant after using a sheet mask for after a hydrating facial.
Our founder has curated two organic glass skin sets appropriate for the tropical weather and for different skin types.
Glass Skin Set for normal and dry skin types:
- The Organic Pharmacy Enzyme Peel: After double cleansing with your favourite cleansers, use this gentle and organic enzymic peel, packed with antioxidants and other radiance boosting ingredients. This step can be repeated two to three times a week for around 10 minutes to remove dead skin cells and promote skin renewal, an important step in achieving glass skin.
- Agent Nateur Holi Water: A versatile toner-essence that can be applied with a cotton pad or patted into the skin, this extra hydrating rose scented product plumps and hydrates skin with water loving and protective ingredients. You may apply several layers of this or as much as your skin can absorb in order to achieve the desired glow and dewiness.
- Esse Hyaluronic Serum: Apply this for an added dose of hydration to further saturate the skin. This serum contains high dosage low molecular weight Hyaluronic Acid promotes hydration and prepares the skin for the follow-on product. This “denser” hydration gem delivers intense moisture and an instant plumping effect without loading the skin with oil, so is suitable for all skin types.
- The Organic Pharmacy Radiant Day Shield: A lightweight product offers protection against UV radiation* and pollution, complete your glass skin routine by using this to seal in the moisture and further protect the skin from environmental aggressors while light reflecting ingredients in the product blurs imperfections and gives a luminous finish. We recommend that you *Product offers minimal UV protection and it is advisable to use a sunscreen of at least SPF 30++ in our tropical climate.
Glass Skin Set for oily skin types:
- Evolve Organic Beauty Liquid Radiance Glycolic Toner: Gentle yet potent AHAs and BHAs packed in a single bottle. Our favourite toner and exfoliator for oily and blemished-prone skin. Use this toner regularly to tone, exfoliate, and regulate sebum production and prevent acne. After double cleansing with your favourite cleansers, use a cotton pad and apply the toner across your face and neck. For sensitive skin types, you may dilute the toner with a gentler toner or water.
- Evolve Organic Beauty Hyaluronic Serum 200: What we love most about hyaluronic acid is its ability to attract and hold water. This hydrating serum contains hyaluronic acid and water in every drop and is extremely lightweight, making it ideal for oily skin types. Apply a few drops at a time and pat in until fully absorbed. You may layer this product a few times to achieve a more plumped and radiant complexion.
- The Organic Pharmacy Radiant Day Shield: A lightweight product offers protection against UV radiation* and pollution, complete your glass skin routine by using this to seal in the moisture and further protect the skin from environmental aggressors while light reflecting ingredients in the product blurs imperfections and gives a luminous finish. *Product offers minimal UV protection and it is advisable to use a sunscreen of at least SPF 30++ in our tropical climate.